Post without Account — your post will be reviewed, and if appropriate, posted under Anonymous. You can also use this link to report any problems registering or logging in.

RT 113514 - Typos in ExtGState.pm

• 0 Replies

Offline Phil

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
RT 113514 - Typos in ExtGState.pm
« October 21, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »
Sat Apr 02 07:37:37 2016 futuramedium [...] yandex.ru - Ticket created
Subject:    Typos in ExtGState.pm

In 2.027 (and probably all the way back), line #238 should set 'D' property instead of 'ML'. Line #258 should set 'RI' instead of 'FL'.

Also, the module has no strictures enabled, and if we turn them on, then it dies in line #44, because of unknown '$self'. It's unclear what this method ('new_api') is supposed to do (and if it was ever used at all because of this bug), i.e. when we should use it -- both reading code and very cryptic pod.

Plus, I had to look up what on Earth is the "Halftone Phase" - it's from the Display Postscript extensions, was described in Postscript Level2 Manual, briefly mentioned in PDF 1.2 and gone without a trace in later references. I think there's no need nor support for it anymore. Rather (it goes to wishlist :) ) the 'SMask' ExtGState parameter would be implemented.
#
Subject:    [rt.cpan.org #113514]
Date:    Sat, 2 Apr 2016 09:22:53 -0400
To:    bug-PDF-API2 [...] rt.cpan.org

Just a note that the {ML} value typo is a duplicate of bug 98552 (Extended Graphics State dash() method not working). I have not yet
investigated whether it should be {D}. By all means go ahead and submit a patch. It appears that there was a lot of sloppy cut and paste in the early days of development.
#
Sat Apr 02 09:23:09 2016 The RT System itself - Status changed from 'new' to 'open'
#
Fri Oct 07 16:50:13 2016 steve [...] deefs.net - Correspondence added
In 2.027 (and probably all the way back), line #238 should set 'D' property instead of 'ML'. Line #258 should set 'RI' instead of 'FL'.
Fixed, thanks.  This will be in the next release (2.029).

The output of the dash() method was also incorrect, so I fixed that as well.

Also, the module has no strictures enabled, and if we turn them on, then it dies in line #44, because of unknown '$self'. It's unclear what this method ('new_api') is supposed to do (and if it was ever used at all because of this bug), i.e. when we should use it -- both reading code and very cryptic pod.
You can ignore new_api.  It's used internally, and will likely be removed soon.

Plus, I had to look up what on Earth is the "Halftone Phase" - it's from the Display Postscript extensions, was described in Postscript Level2 Manual, briefly mentioned in PDF 1.2 and gone without a trace in later references. I think there's no need nor support for it anymore. Rather (it goes to wishlist :) ) the 'SMask' ExtGState parameter would be implemented.
Feel free to send along a patch or a pull request that adds the SMask parameter.  It doesn't look like it'll be too hard to add (you just need to check to see if the argument is a name or a dictionary, according to the spec).
#
Fri Oct 07 16:50:14 2016 steve [...] deefs.net - Status changed from 'open' to 'patched'
#
Mon Oct 10 09:22:19 2016 steve [...] deefs.net - Status changed from 'patched' to 'resolved'
#
Mon Oct 10 09:22:25 2016 steve [...] deefs.net - Fixed in 2.029 added